Recent Posts

Some general info and fun had at Yeppoon and Keppel Is.

MajicDan

Hi guys/gals,
So went on my first offshore tour to the keppels and enjoyed every minute. I did take some pics to show y'all but the camera is having a hissy atm.
Deffinately well worth the effort, time and $.
Accom was the causeway lake caravan park, not the most lavish but I elected for their ensuited cabin which also had a private tap and carport. There is a park tap that can be used also. Yeppoon also offers better accom facilities if you book ahead or you might want to stay on the island itself and commute with your ski.
I departed from the Roslyn Bay Marina as it has all facilities including dock bowsers for unleaded and diesel for public purchase, 2 ramps with mooring docks, VMR and also a petrol station around the corner.
The Yeppoon and surrounding beaches offer great fishing and surfing areas. Some wave jumping was had at the northern end of the beach near the Mercure Resort (once Rydges Resort) which can also be accessed by 4X4.

The weather and crossing: on my occasion was perfect so the wave heights and windage were: 10-15knot NE with less than 1m wave height/swell....perfect. I have been told by local fisho's that southerly winds are a fun buster. Distance from the marina to the Islands is approx 15km and took me approx 10mins to cross. Great ride.
The crossing would be a hazard in less than perfect conditions.

The island: Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous with accom, restaurant, general store, plenty of snorkelling around the perimetre of the islands and private beaches. Fuel up before no bowsers on island. On a good day there are plenty of visitors and boaties and ski's doing there thing whether it was tubing, snorkelling, eating, swimming etc. There are camping sites on North Keppel also which need a permit and does not offer any utilities or services.

I will definately be visiting again very soon, and would like any1 interested in joining in. I also have the barrier reef in plan and have started doing some pre-planning for that, so any1 with any experience pls msg me.
Dan.

xdrian

On my like to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandy

Fun First!
thx for sharing

I think there will be a few trips up there this year. It's been on our adventure riding bucket list for a while cl

MajicDan

Thx guys.
Yep saw the road trip to whitsundays and also the poker run...unfortunately I wont be able to attend those events due to holidays spent up for another coupla months. Hope u guys have tremendous tho! awsm